Authorization to Treat
If parents/guardians are not planning to accompany their child to an office visit, state law requires the parent/guardian to send signed authorization with the responsible party. This includes step-parents who do not have legal custody. Without such consent the providers will not be able to treat. Legal Parents/Guardians must be present at the initial visit.
Prescription Refill Request
For routine refills, please call your pharmacy. Your pharmacy will call or fax your refill request to our office for approval. Some prescription refills require the authorization of the primary care physician. In this case, please allow our office 5 business days to fulfill your request. Our office will call your home to notify you that the prescription has been authorized.
Antibiotics will not be refilled without an appointment.
Triplicate Refill Request
A triplicate prescription is a prescription written by a provider when prescribing a controlled substance such as an ADHD medication or certain pain medications. To ensure that you do not run out of these important medications, please call 5 days in advance. There may be a $10.00 charge for same day prescriptions.
Information necessary: Name of patient, date of birth, parent's name, daytime phone, name and dosage of medication(s), and prescribing doctor.
A parent or guardian must pick up triplicate prescriptions once the office has notified you that the prescription is ready. Step- parents, grandparents, and other siblings can not pick them up if an authorization is not on file to do so.
The referral office can be reached directly at 559-438-1802.
If your insurance company requires you to obtain a referral before your child sees a specialist or goes for additional testing, here are some things you may need to know:
Routine Referral Process:
- Your primary care physician originates the paperwork to obtain the referral.
- Turnaround time is usually 7-10 days for non-urgent requests.
- Our referrals department will call you with either an appointment date and time or the information needed to schedule your appointment.
- Call the office if you have not received your referral within two weeks.
Urgent Referral Process
- You will usually be in our office when the physician determines your child needs to urgently visit a specialist or go for further testing.
- Paperwork will be originated and approval is usually received in 24 hours.
Co-pays are due at the time of service. This is a requirement of your contract with your insurance company. We are required to collect these fees by contract.
No Show Fee
A $20.00 NO SHOW Fee may be charged for failure to cancel your appointment at least 24 hours in advance.